The main difference between a visa and a green card is that a visa is a pass that lets you enter the United States and stay for a limited period of time, whereas a green card is a permit that allows you to enter the U.S. and stay for as long as you want.

If you are interested in obtaining a visa, or a green card to work and live in the United States, you probably already know there are complicated rules and procedures to navigate through. You don’t necessarily need an attorney to obtain a visa or green card, but many of my client’s have found it to be very helpful.

Getting the immigration authorities to approve your application is a delicate task. All it takes is 1 past visa overstay, criminal conviction, job loss, or serious health problem for the authorities to deem you “inadmissible”. Think of it this way: you don’t need a mechanic to work on your car, or an architect to build your house, but there is an invaluable peace-of-mind when a professional handles the work for you.

If you are unsure how to go about obtaining a visa or green card, contact us for a free consultation. We have over 20 years experience handling immigration cases.